Addition of new, or replacement of existing, electrical service or wiring at an existing residential location (Note: general maintenance does not require a permit - if in doubt, please check before performing work).
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Trade Permit (1 original signed): 2-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement (1 original, personally signed at the permit counter): Eligible Owner-Builders must complete this form in person at the time of application. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to be a licensed contractor (sale or lease of the property is prohibited for 1 year from permit completion).
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Master Electrician
- Registered Master Electrician
- Permit Issuance: At this point, work may commence. The applicant will receive an approved copy of the permit package and a Permit-Inspections Job Card to be posted at the site printed with a list of the required inspections needed to complete the permit.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Electric Final (935): Made once power is connected to the building, all electrical work has been completed and all electrical trim is installed.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.