Permit for a fence at a residential location that is 6 feet or less in height and is NOT being used to protect a swimming pool.
Required Forms & Documents
- Residential Fence Permit Application Package (1 original signed). Includes Affidavit of Accessory Structures form.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets): Information required to be on a site plan submitted for permitting.
- Additional paperwork (1 original): If rental property, property owners written consent .
- Affidavit of Applicant for Accessory Structures (1 original notarized): This affidavit is to be used only if a copy of the property survey is not available.
- Affidavit for Accessory Structures Not Requiring a Zoning Inspection (1 signed, notarized & recorded copy): Affidavit is mandatory and eliminates the need for a zoning inspection. Setbacks cannot be field located without a survey and site staking of the property lines.
- Zoning Review: $30
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Certified Residential: If residential
- Registered Building
- Registered Residential
- Local Fence
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
Inspection Type (IVR System Code):
- Zoning Final (965)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.