Installation or replacement of an LP tank or associated gas lines, fire sprinklers or fire alarms at one & two family dwellings.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Fire or Gas Permit (1 original signed): 2-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. If over $2500 & part of larger permit (commercial building etc.) may be included on the NOC for the whole project. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets): Site plan for installation of LP tanks over 1000 gallons
- Product Specifications: Specification of any products
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Drawings showing work being performed
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement (1 original, personally signed at the permit counter): Eligible Owner-Builders must complete this form in person at the time of application. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to be a licensed contractor (sale or lease of the property is prohibited for 1 year from permit completion).
- Owner-Builder Permits Information: Please read this information about what & who may qualify for an Owner-Builder permit. An Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement form must be completed.
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Fire Sprinkler System
- Certified Suppression System
- Certified Gas Line Specialty
- Certified Liquid Petrol Gas
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Inspections for this permit depend on the scope of the permit.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.