Installation of new, or replacement of existing, plumbing elements in an existing residential structure or location.
Note: Certain maintenance items, and replacements of fixtures like for like, may not require a permit - please check before starting work.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Trade Permit (1 original signed): 2-page form
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement (1 original, personally signed at the permit counter): Eligible Owner-Builders must complete this form in person at the time of application. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to be a licensed contractor (sale or lease of the property is prohibited for 1 year from permit completion).
- Owner-Builder Permits Information: Please read this information about what & who may qualify for an Owner-Builder permit. An Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement form must be completed.
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Master Plumber
- Registered Master Plumber
- Certified Solar Water Heater: Solar water heating system only.
- Permit Issuance: At this point, work may commence. The applicant will receive an approved copy of the permit package and a Permit-Inspections Job Card to be posted at the site printed with a list of the required inspections needed to complete the permit.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Plumbing Final (975): Made after all plumbing work has been completed and all fixtures installed.