The addition of new, or replacement of existing, siding or soffit at an existing residential structure. General maintenance does not require a permit. If in doubt, please contact us before performing work.
Required Forms/Documents - Application Submittal
- Application for Siding, Soffit and Stucco Permit. Submit one (1) signed original. Note: this form is not required for online submittals.
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement. Submit one (1) original, personally signed by the Owner at the permit counter at time of application submittal. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to hire a licensed contractor. Lease, rental or sale of the property is prohibited for one (1) year from permit completion.
Required Forms/Documents - Prior To First Inspection
- Notice of Commencement (NOC). Submit or upload one (1) recorded copy. Form is required when any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Checklist for Lath, Soffit, Fascia Inspections. Provides guidance for inspections.
- Owner-Builder Permits Information. Provides information about owner-builder permits.
Payments are accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards. Except for online permits, payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners.
- Due At Application Submittal/Permit Issuance
- Building: $90
- State Mandated Surcharge: $4
Licenses Authorized For This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder (shall not lease, rent or sell the property for one (1) year from permit completion).
- Certified Building
- Local Aluminum
- Local Carpentry
- Local Door, Window, Garage Door
- Local Cabinet, Trim, Carpentry
- Registered Residential
- Permit Issuance. Work may now commence. The applicant will receive a Permit-Inspections Job Card (online permits will be printed by the applicant) to be kept at the work site. The required inspections needed to complete the permit are printed on the card.
- In-Progress Siding Inspection (IVR Code 508). Will be conducted at a maximum of 50% completion and will be checked for material type, nail size, spacing and type per manufacture’s installation instructions. Water resistive barriers will be verified the installation is per manufacturer’s instructions. Product Approvals/NOAs will be required to be on the work site for the inspection.
- In-Progress Soffit Inspection (IVR Code 508). Will be conducted at a maximum of 90% completion and will verify material type, nail size, spacing and type per FBCR 703.11.1.4. Product Approvals/NOAs will be required to be on the work site for the inspection.