A permit for a franchised utility contractor to install a line within the county ROW. Typically telecommunications and electrical lines.
Required Forms & Documents
Online application only: Form not needed
- Right-Of-Way Review: $140
- Right-Of-Way Review: Varies as determined by Public Works depending upon scope of work.
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Quality Review: This step is an internal process check to ensure that all reviews have been completed and that permit fees have been correctly assessed. When the permit enters this stage, an email is sent to the applicant to let them know that the permit is ready for pickup.
- Permit Issuance: At this point, work may commence. The applicant will receive an approved copy of the permit package and a Permit-Inspections Job Card to be posted at the site printed with a list of the required inspections needed to complete the permit.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- ROW Final (985)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.