Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Saturday
Gates open at 9:00 a.m.
Gates close at 3:45 p.m.
All unloading of waste must be completed by 4:00 p.m., no exceptions.
Closed for County recognized holidays.
For more information regarding these facilities, please call the Solid Waste Division at 941.764.4360
Public Works Solid Waste division is committed to the protection and preservation of our natural environment by providing two conveniently located facilities to safely dispose of items.
Mid-County Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility
19765 Kenilworth Blvd.
Port Charlotte, FL
West Charlotte Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility
7070 Environmental Way
Residents are allowed 12 free visits per fiscal year (October 1-September 30). Recycling and household hazardous waste do not count towards the 12 visits.
Proof of county residency is required. Residents need to bring a valid form of identification to include name, photo, and local address. Photo identification from other areas must be accompanied by a current utility bill or document showing proof of residency at a Charlotte County residential address. P.O. Box addresses are not accepted as proof of residency.
- Mixed Paper
- Glass containers
- Aluminum & Steel Cans
- Scrap Metals: pipe, metal frames
- Cooking Oil
- Household Hazardous Wastes
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Paints and Pesticides
- Motor Oils and used Oil Filters
Hypodermic Needles (Sharps)
Allowable Items with Limitations
- Construction and demolition (C&D) debris
- Cabinets must be broken down
- No items longer than 8’
- No more than 6 cubic yards per fiscal year
- Tires with or without rims (22-inch maximum)
- Furniture and refuse
- Includes furniture, toys, swing sets, lawn furniture, etc.
- 12 times per fiscal year
- No more than 18 cubic yards per fiscal year
- Residential yard trimmings
- Between 10 and 20 inches in diameter,
- Lengths between 6 and 8 feet,
- Bundles that weigh more than 40 pounds.
- Business or commercial waste
- Perishable waste, such as household garbage
- Yard trimmings in plastic trash bags are prohibited
- E-Waste (schedule an E-Waste pickup with a residential pickup request form)
Businesses can only participate in the county's recycling program.
C.A.R.E’s ReUse Stores
C.A.R.E (Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies) Reuse Stores sell discarded, useable household and accepts donations at both Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facilities.
Chemical Reuse Shop
The Chemical Reuse Shop is located inside the C.A.R.E Reuse Store at the Mid County Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility.
- motor oil
- furniture polish
- house paint for free