Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Saturday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information regarding these facilities, please call the Solid Waste Division at 941.764.4360
All unloading of waste must be finished by 4 p.m., no exceptions.
Closed for County recognized holidays.
Mid-County Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility
West Charlotte Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility
- Mixed Paper
- Glass containers
- Aluminum & Steel Cans
- Cooking Oil
- Tires with or without rims
- 22 inch maximum
- Household Hazardous Wastes
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Paints and Pesticides
- Motor Oils and used Oil Filters
Hypodermic Needles (Sharps)
- Wall-board, Insulation
- Furniture and Appliances
- Scrap Metals: pipe, metal frames
- Residential yard trimmings
- Between 10 and 20 inches in diameter,
- lengths between 6 and 8 feet,
- bundles that weigh more than 40 pounds.
- Business or Commercial waste
- Perishable waste, such as household garbage
- Yard trimmings in plastic trash bags are prohibited
Businesses can only participate in the county's recycling program.
C.A.R.E (Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies) Reuse Stores sell discarded, useable household and accepts donations at both Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facilities.
Chemical Reuse Shop
The Chemical Reuse Shop is located inside the C.A.R.E Reuse Store at the Mid County Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility.
- motor oil
- furniture polish
- house paint for free