Claire has been with Charlotte County government since 2003, when she started as Business Services Manager with Community Development. In 2015, she was promoted to Director of Community Development, where she oversaw the day-to-day operations of more than 100 employees tasked with the management of all land development activities in the county. A nationally recognized expert in floodplain manager, Claire received the 2015 Innovator of the Year award for Citizen Engagement from the Governing Institute. She also received the 2013 Award for Excellence in Mapping from Accela Inc. and the inaugural Commissioners Award for Customer Service. Claire was promoted to Assistant County Administrator in March 2020.
- Bachelor of Science with Honors – Cardiff Business School, University of Wales College Cardiff, Wales, UK – Service and Public Sector Management
- American Institute of Certified Planners certification
- Certified Flood Plain Manager
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- Florida Floodplain Managers Association