Hector has been with Charlotte County Government since October 1995, when he started as an Assistant Budget Analyst with the County Budget Office. In 2002, he was promoted to Fiscal Supervisor for Charlotte County Fire/EMS; in 2007 he was promoted to Financial Manager. In December of 2010 Hector joined the Administration Department as an Operations Research Analyst and became Assistant to the County Administrator in August of 2012. In 2016, he became the Assistant County Administrator, and in 2019 became a Deputy County Administrator. In March 2020, he was named County Administrator.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of South Florida
- Associate Degree from the University of Florida
- International City/County Management Association
- Florida Government Finance Officers Association
- Florida City and County Management Association
- Graduate of Leadership Charlotte - 2013