The Ackerman MSBU was approved in November 2019. This project includes construction of a wastewater collection system to service approximately 1,300 properties with sewer service, new water service lines and a vacuum station that will provide sewer collection for the wastewater system.
- Zones 1 and 2 connections have begun. You will receive a door hanger approximately a week prior to connection of your home.
- Contractor: Rohaley & Sons Plumbing Contractors Inc.
- Total Connections as of January: 249
- The vacuum station is operational.
- Installation Agreements for zones 1 and 2 have been mailed out. Please be sure to sign and return them to the Utilities Department as soon as possible.
- Construction has started on the water line replacement and sewer main installation throughout the project. The vacuum station is currently under construction.
- The BCC approved the contract for the Vacuum Station and zones 1 and 2. Contractor: Guymann Construction of Florida, Inc.
Capital Projects Office
Throughout the Ackerman Avenue neighborhood.
Construction materials are being stored at the corner of Ohara Drive and Midway Boulevard.
The vacuum station located at, 18330 Ackerman Avenue is currently under construction in addition to the vacuum collection system.
Residents in the Ackerman project area may experience low water pressure for the next few months. Crews are currently transferring over to the water new lines and flushing to keep chlorine residuals up in the area. Work also includes connecting customers to the newly installed lines.
Crews are encountering large amounts of rock during excavation, which has resulted in an unplanned rock crushing operation at the construction yard.
Resident Assessments, Florida Department of Environmental Protection State Revolving Funds, EPA Grants, RESTORE, Utility Repair and Replacement Funds.
|Estimated Start Date
|Planning and Approval
Email Public Relations
Guymann Construction of Florida, Inc.