The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee is mandated by state statute and enforced within Charlotte County by Resolution 2008-070.
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC) meets on the 4th Thursday of February, April, June, August, October and December at 10:00 a.m. Locations vary and are noted on the agenda. For more information, call 941.833.6500.
Roles and Responsibilities
The task of the Committee is to make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on county policies affecting the cost of housing. The Committee also approves the county’s Local Housing Assistance Plan (LHAP) every three years; view the current LHAP. View a presentation from Florida Housing Finance Corporation on the roles and responsibilities of the AHAC.
Charlotte HOME (Housing Opportunities Made Easier)
Charlotte HOME, an incentive program for affordable housing developers, was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) on July 28, 2020 to reduce barriers and attract developers of affordable housing to Charlotte County. Available incentives include (but are not limited to): expedited permitting; impact fee waiver; land donation; density; developer fee subsidy; etc. Applications for incentives are reviewed by a panel of representatives from: Community Development; Human Services/Housing; and Utilities. Incentives are determined on a tiered basis contingent upon the score acheived on the prioritization matrix. Tier II, III and IV applications require AHAC and BOCC approval. The review committee can be reached at CharlotteHOME@charlottecountyfl.gov.
- Charlotte HOME Application
- Affordable Housing Prioritization Matrix
- Potential Incentive Award Criteria
1050 Loveland Blvd.,
Port Charlotte, FL 33980
- Mike Mansfield - Residential home building industry
- Jim Kelley - Banking or mortgage banking industry
- Lynne Fitzpatrick - Real Estate Professional
- Angela Hogan - Advocate for low-income persons
- Michael Meagher - Areas of Labor - Home Building Industry
- Joanna Pohopin - One citizen who resides within the jurisdiction
- Kurt Pentelecuc - Not-for-Profit Provider
- Todd A. Peres - Charlotte County Essential Service Personnel
- Lance Welsh - Real Estate Professional
- VACANT - Planning & Zoning Board Member
- Commissioner Joe Tiseo - Elected Official
- Joan LeBeau - Liaison, City of Punta Gorda