Florida Department of Health
- Public Health Advisory June 22: Updated Face Covering Measures
- Prevent and prepare for COVID-19 | Back-to-Business Toolkit | Protect Yourself
- Protection & Care for Older Adults | General Prevention | Kids Hand Washing
CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- How to protect yourself | Cloth Face Coverings | If you think you are sick | FAQ
- The Coronavirus Task Force holds frequent briefings, which can be viewed live.
City of Punta Gorda
Charlotte County Public Schools
Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step.
- Governor DeSantis Exec. Order 20-91 (extended in Exec. Order 20-111)
- Essential Services List by FloridaDisaster.org for Executive Order 20-91
- Request to Become an Approved Essential Service
- FAQs for Exec. Order 20-91
- Submit a Complaint Regarding Compliance with Executive Orders
- Back-to-Business Toolkit
Charlotte County's plan to allow short-term rentals (30 days or fewer) to open was approved by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation May 20. More Information
The Re-Open Florida Task Force Comment Submission Portal: All interested Floridians are encouraged to submit their ideas and feedback on any topic related to the re-opening of Florida's economy. Task Force to Re-Open Florida Public Comment Submission Form
- Find previous Task Force meeting agendas and presentations online: www.flgov.com/COVID-19.
- Audio recordings for all previous Task Force meetings: www.thefloridachannel.org.
Visitation to nursing homes: On August 31, at Governor DeSantis' direction, Florida Division of Emergency Management Director and State Coordinating Officer Jared Moskowitz issued Emergency Order 20-52 that lifts restrictions for visitation to nursing homes, assisted living facilities (ALFs), adult family-care homes, adult group homes and other long-term care facilities. The Emergency Order requires all visitors to wear PPE pursuant to the most recent CDC guidelines, and those not making physical contact still must wear a mask.
One Goal, One Florida
- Protect the vulnerable, including the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
- Practice proper hygiene, including washing your hands.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding closed spaces and crowded places.
- Wear a mask if you are in close contact with others.
Local Government Agencies
- Charlotte County Economic Development
- Charlotte County Property Appraiser
- Charlotte County Public Schools
- Charlotte County Tax Collector
- Charlotte County Sheriff's Office
- Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections
- City of Punta Gorda
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Punta Gorda Airport
- Punta Gorda Housing Authority