Installation of shutters or other windborne debris protection - with or without electric at a residential location.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Window, Door and Hurricane Shutters Permit (1 original & 1 copy)
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Drawing(s) showing location of installation
- Checklist for Residential Window, Door & Shutter Permit Application
- Top Residential Door, Window & Shutter Inspection Mistakes
- Top Residential Door, Window & Shutter Permit Application Mistakes
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement (1 original, personally signed at the permit counter): Eligible Owner-Builders must complete this form in person at the time of application. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to be a licensed contractor (sale or lease of the property is prohibited for 1 year from permit completion).
- Owner-Builder Permits Information: Please read this information about what & who may qualify for an Owner-Builder permit. An Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement form must be completed.
- Product Specifications: Product Approval Numbers for materials (e.g. windows, doors, roof covering, siding, soffits, etc.). Product approvals can be researched at floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx (FL#'s) or miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp (NOA #'s)
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Certified Residential
- Certified Specialty Structure
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Registered Residential
- Local Aluminum
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Windborne Debris Protection (918)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.