Effective Date: 7/30/2020
Category: Storm Preparation Advisory
As most of you know, there is a possibility of tropical storm conditions that may affect Charlotte County during the upcoming weekend. Construction materials and debris can cause significant damage if unsecured during high winds.
In preparation for the possible poor weather conditions, the Community Development Department is requesting that contractors begin securing their work sites with attention paid to the following:
- Identify vulnerable work in progress and determine how best to protect it, and others, from damage.
- Be prepared to remove, anchor or restrain everything that could blow away such as trash, lumber, port-a-potties, etc., that can become windblown hazards.
- Ensure that all construction debris is secured or placed in an on-site dumpster. If dumpsters are half or fuller, consider arranging to have them emptied before the weekend.
- Where possible, ensure that your on-site dumpster is covered.
- If roofing materials are on site, or will be delivered but won’t be installed before this weekend, be prepared to secure them as weather conditions may warrant.
- Remove the permit yard card board and job site signage if warranted by weather conditions.
- Ensure that erosion control silt fencing is securely installed.
- Keep all swales clear.
We will continue to monitor the storm and will provide additional information as needed. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.