Include a donation with your utility bill payment online or by completing the designated area for "HeartShip donation" on the top right-hand corner of your bill stub or make check payable to Charlotte County Utilities HeartShip program and enclose your name, company name, address and telephone number.
Contributions are tax-deductible.
HeartShip Request for Assistance
HeartShip funds are administered by the County’s Human Services Department, in cooperation with the County's Utilities Department Customer Service area. Human Services certifies a recipients need and qualification to receive assistance. The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides the financial oversight for all County funds.
To be eligible for HeartShip assistance, the recipient must:
- be a customer in the Charlotte County Utilities service area
- have received an Urgent Notice for disconnection of service or
- have been disconnected for non-payment of their resident utility bill
- provide documentation of what caused an emergency situation that was beyond the household’s control
- not exceed 150% of the federal poverty income guidelines
- only one person per household may qualify
- HeartShip assistance may be granted to eligible households only once over the course of five years.
- Maximum household limit for assistance is $90.
- Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Charlotte 2-1-1 database contains over 880 health and human service providers, representing local services available throughout Charlotte County. Charlotte 2-1-1 provides telephone access to trained information and referral specialists, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Call Charlotte 2-1-1 at 941.202.2161 to speak to an information and referral specialist for assistance or visit Charlotte 2-1-1.