The Code Compliance Section of the Planning & Zoning Division investigates reports of possible code violations such as:
- Junk-like conditions
- Abandoned motor vehicles (on private property)
- Abandoned watercraft
- Tall grass (except on vacant lots which is not a violation)
- Setback requirements
- Permit requirements
- Landscape inspections (commercial and residential)
- Sign inspections
- Commercial Changes of Occupancy
Report a Code, Licensing or Building Code Violation
Option 2: Call 941.743.1201 for a customer service specialist who will submit the information to the Code Compliance Section.
Option 3: Send an email to CodeEnforcement@CharlotteCountyFL.gov. Please be aware that county email is subject to Florida's Open Records law and therefore your complaint would not necessarily be anonymous.
- Illegal Dumping Online: Report illegal dumping | Solid Waste Divison of Public Works | Call 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC (1.866.938.6722).
- Code Enforcement Brochure
- Commercial Code Enforcement Brochure
- Florida Landlord Tenant Law Brochure (Florida Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services)
- File a Landlord/Tenant Complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Video: End of a Long Process - Code Compliance
- Code Man Hero