The Code Compliance Section of the Planning & Zoning Division investigates reports of possible code violations such as:
- Junk-like conditions
- Abandoned motor vehicles (on private property)
- Abandoned watercraft
- Tall grass (except on vacant lots which is not a violation)
- Setback requirements
- Permit requirements
- Landscape inspections (commercial and residential)
- Sign inspections
- Commercial Changes of Occupancy
Report a Code, Licensing or Building Code Violation
Option 2: Call 941.743.1201 and a customer service specialist will submit the information.
Option 3: Send an email to CodeEnforcement@CharlotteCountyFL.gov. Please be aware that county email is subject to Florida's Open Records law and therefore your complaint would not necessarily be anonymous.
Report illegal dumpting online at Illegal Dumping or by phone to the Solid Waste Divison of Public Works 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC or 866.938.6722.
- Code Enforcement Brochure
- Commercial Code Enforcement Brochure
- Florida Landlord Tenant Law Brochure (Florida Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services)
- File a Landlord/Tenant Complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Video: End of a Long Process - Code Compliance
- Code Man Hero