The Code Compliance Section of the Planning & Zoning Division investigates non-anonymous reports of possible code violations such as:
- Junk-like conditions
- Abandoned motor vehicles (on private property)
- Abandoned watercraft
- Tall grass (except on vacant lots which is not a violation)
- Setback requirements
- Permit requirements
- Landscape inspections (commercial and residential)
- Sign inspections
- Commercial Changes of Occupancy
Report a Code, Licensing or Building Code Violation
Option 2: Call 941.743.1201 and a customer service specialist will submit the information into the system for you.
Option 3: Send an email to CodeEnforcement@CharlotteCountyFL.gov. Please be aware that email addresses are subject to Florida's Open Records law.
Anonymous Code Complaints
Due to Florida legislative changes in 2021, a code inspector may not initiate an investigation of a potential code violation based on an anonymous complaint. The only exceptions are if a violation pertains to an imminent threat to public heath, safety, or welfare or imminent destruction of habitat or sensitive resources. If your complaint pertains to one of these categories, and you want to file anonymously, call 941.743.1201.
Report illegal dumping online at Illegal Dumping or by phone to the Solid Waste Divison of Public Works 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC or 866.938.6722.
- Chickens in Your Backyard Ordinance Course - IFAS Charlotte County
- Code of Laws and Ordinances
- Code Enforcement Brochure
- Code Compliance Video - End of a Long Process
- Commercial Code Enforcement Brochure
- Florida Landlord Tenant Law Brochure (Florida Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services)
- File a Landlord/Tenant Complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Code Man Hero