Before listing a property or transacting a sale, please take some time to ensure there are no outstanding issues that may impact the sale.
For $35, the Community Development Department will perform research on any property within its jurisdiction and provide you with a report which lists:
- Any code compliance liens outstanding and the payoff amount.
- Any open code compliance cases.
- Any permits that have not been completed.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for a response. You can submit your request by completing the Research Request Form, with links below, and mail/deliver it to the department with a check made payable to either CCBCC or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners.
For more information about a Lien Research Request, please email Marie.Valeus@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
For more information about a Lien Reduction Request, please email Kellyan.Eller@CharlotteCountyFL.gov
For more information about a:
- Permit Research Request Form. Please complete the form & return to the Community Development Department,18400 Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte, FL 33948.
- Lien Research Request Form for Code Compliance Liens. Please complete the form & return to the Community Development Department, 18400 Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte, FL 33948.
- Guide to Lien Research Requests for Code Compliance Liens. Please click the link to this guide for asistance about how to submit code compliance lien requests.