View the latest news releases on available shelters on our News page.
- Liberty Elementary School
370 Atwater St. Port Charlotte, FL 33954
Last Updated: Sept. 11, 2017, 10 a.m.
- Neil Armstrong Elementary School
22100 Breezeswept Ave. Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Last Updated: Feb. 26, 2019, 4 p.m.
- Kingsway Elementary School
23300 Quasar Blvd. Port Charlotte, FL 33980
Last Updated: Sept.11, 2017, 10 a.m.
- Harold Avenue Regional Park Recreation Center
23400 Harold Ave. Port Charlotte, FL 33980
Last Updated: Jun. 25, 2019, 9 a.m.
Warning: Charlotte County has no certified Red Cross shelters. In the event of a hurricane Charlotte County staffed shelters may be opened for citizens to take shelter. All are pet friendly. Charlotte County shelters of last resort may not be able to open depending on the size and direction of an approaching storm. Check local media and this website to ascertain which location may be open.
- Shelter space is extremely limited and all other means of evacuation and sheltering should be considered before going to a public shelter.
- In the event of a hurricane, one or more Charlotte County-staffed shelters may be opened, depending on the size and direction of an approaching storm. Check local media and this website to find open location(s).
- Shelters will have an increased amount of space per individual/family for social distancing purposes, routine sanitizing of common areas, and make available hand washing materials and hand sanitizer if possible. It is best to bring sanitizing supplies if you have them.
- Bring your own cloth face coverings for everyone in your family, as well as hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes/cleaner.
- Families will be allowed to share the space assigned to them, with appropriate distance requirements between each family.
- Public shelters do not have cots, bedding or generators and you will have limited space.