Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
Charlotte County residents are encouraged to follow these guidelines unless additional municipality or neighborhood restrictions apply.
Lawn Watering Days & Times
Lawn watering is limited to two days per week (if needed).
Based on the last number in your service address:
- Even number addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd number addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) may be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns & Plants (30/30)
New lawns and plants have a "30-30" establishment period.
On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week:
- Even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- Odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours unless blended with another water source or restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing & Pressure Washing
There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car-washing and pressure washing.
These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water usage.
To report a violation of these water restrictions, please call us at 941.764.4300. You can also report violations to the district using this form or calling the toll-free number below.
If you have additional water restriction questions, please contact SWFWMD by email at Water.Restrictions@WaterMatters.org or by calling their Water Restrictions Hotline at 1.800.848.0499 anytime or 1.800.836.0797, ext. 2298 during business hours (Florida only).