Franz Ross Park was built on 30.85 acres in 2001 and funded by 1998 Sales Tax, Parks and Rec Impact Fees, and the Florida Recreation Development Assistance Program Grant.
Franz Ross Park is named after Colonel Franz Ross, a WWII Army Veteran and two-term Charlotte County Commissioner. He was a staunch supporter of Charlotte County Parks, insisting that General Development Corporation donate land promised to Charlotte County for park sites. The Franz Ross Park sits on one such site.
The park is home of the Port Charlotte Bandits Pop Warner football team and the Veterans semi-professional football team. It is also home of the Franz Ross YMCA with a fitness center and indoor instructional swimming pool.
Franz Ross Park
19333 Quesada Ave., Port Charlotte, FL 33948
Facility & Pavilion Rentals
Rentals are available by request on a first come, first serve basis.
- 1800 sq. ft. shelter
- 10 tables
- 60 people seating capacity
- $20 per hour plus tax
- Commercial Use: $40 per hour plus tax
- Free parking
For rental reservations or information: 941.681.3742.