Charlotte County Community Services offers two skate parks. All skaters must abide by the rules and have a signed waiver on file with Charlotte County. Patrons may go to any county recreation center or pool to pick up and submit the waiver form. Those skaters 18 years and older may sign the waiver themselves. For children 17 years of age and younger, the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian in front of a staff member. If it is not signed in front of a staff member, the form must be notarized. Picture ID is required at all times when using the skate parks. Our staff, as well as the local Rotary Clubs will randomly check waivers and IDs. Admission is free to all patrons on a drop-in basis daily, except for special events or activities such as tournaments or classes.
Captain Don Cerbone Memorial Skate Park
The Captain Don Cerbone Memorial Skate Park is a shining example of a community project made possible by the determination and commitment of private citizens, the generosity of the business community and the support of local government.
J.M. Berlin/Rotary Skate Park
6941 San Casa Drive
Englewood, FL 34224
Hours when school is in session:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
BMX Hours (this location only):
BMX School Summer Vacation Hours:
Tuesdays and the last Sunday of every month from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
*BMX is only allowed at the park on these days
This 18,000 sq. ft. amenity was designed and built by Team Pain, world-famous/Florida based skate park designers, and features China banks, concrete bowls, beginner, street and transition elements.
The skate park was funded, in part, through a significant donation by the Berlin Family and the fundraising efforts of Englewood area Rotary Clubs.
Rules for Both Skate Parks
- Skateboarding and inline skating only.
- Skating is at your own risk.
- Anyone under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over.
- All participants must have a signed waiver on file to skate.
- Waxing is not allowed.
- Required safety equipment must be worn at all times: strapped helmet. Elbow pads, knee pads and wrist guards are strongly recommended.
- No food or beverages within the skating area.
- Profanity, reckless behavior and willful destruction of property will not be tolerated.
- Failure to adhere to rules will result in loss of skating privileges.