Building Construction is a division of the Community Development Department. It is responsible for the following services: plan review, building permits, inspections, Florida Building Code compliance and contractor licensing compliance for the building trades.
E. Jay Carlson Community Development Building
18400 Murdock Circle
Port Charlotte, FL 33948-1074
Phone: 941.743.1201 | Fax: 941.764.4907
- BuildingConstruction@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (primary email box)
- BlowerDoorReports@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (blower door documents)
- ContractorLicensing@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (insurance documents)
- FloodInfo@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (elevation certificates & drainage as-built surveys)
- OnlinePermitting@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (NOCs & subcontrator changes)
- PermitResubmittal@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (resubmittals & plan changes)
- PrivateProvider@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (private provider documents)
- TermiteCertificates@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (termite certificates)
- Zoning@CharlotteCountyFL.gov (zoning related documents)
Automated Inspection Request System (AIRS) phone: 941.833.4086 | Available 24/7 | Must call by 11:59 pm for next day service.
Online inspection scheduling: Contractors only | Available 24/7 | Request must be made by 11:59 pm to be eligible for next day service.
Permit counter and phone hours (except holidays):
- Monday - 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Inspector hours: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (in the field only) Monday through Friday (holidays).
- Permit Application Information by Permit Type:
- Wind Risk Category Maps 2020 FBC
- Citizen Access Portal (Online Permits)
- Protected Species Permit Information
- ROW (Right-of-Way) Permits Information
- Excavation Permit Information
- Erosion Control Violations (New Construction Only)
- Green Building Program
- Code of Laws and Ordinances