The Citizen Access Portal provides online access to the county's permits, licenses, plans review & code violations system.
- Registration Instructions (Florida licensed contractors only).
- How to Research Permit & Inspection Information (registration is not required to only search the database or to report code violations)
- Digital Plan Room (plans/permit review)
The portal currently supports only the following internet browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 17, Google Chrome 23, Safari 5 and Opera 12. If you experience issues, verify that you are using one of the supported browsers. If Internet Explorer is used, turn on Compatibility View.
If difficulties are experienced with the portal, contact Community Development at 941.743.1201 or CCTechSupport@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
Available Online Services
Contractors (enrollment/registration required):
- Apply for permits.
- Pay fees with a Mastercard or VISA.
- Upload plans and documents.
- Track permit applications through the plan review/permitting process.
- Schedule inspections (except final inspections that require the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy).
- Search permit records (including archived permits).
- Search for Florida licensed contractors.
- Report code violations and track cases.
Inspections can also be scheduled by phone using the Automated Inspection Request System (AIRS) at 941.833.4086. Note that structures requiring the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, final inspections cannot be scheduled online or with the AIRS system. They must be scheduled by calling 941.743.1201 to speak to a Customer Service Specialist.