The Citizen Access Portal provides online access to the county's permits, licenses, plans review, code violations and site plan review system.
- Registration Instructions | registration is required to submit permit applications or schedule inspections | for Florida licensed contractors only.
- How-To Research Permit Information | registration is not required to use the portal if only researching the database.
- Digital Plan Room | electronic plans review | registration for the portal is required | for Florida licensed contractors only.
- How-To Report or Track a Code Violation | registration is not required to report or track code violations.
Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the known compatible internet browsers. Others may be used, but there may be issues beyond the county's control. If difficulties are experienced with the portal, contact Community Development at 941.743.1201 or CCTechSupport@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
Available Online Services
Contractors (registration required):
- Apply for permits.
- Pay fees with a Mastercard or VISA.
- Upload plans and documents.
- Track permit applications through the plan review/permits approval process.
- Schedule inspections. Exception: for permits that require the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, final inspections must be scheduled only by calling the main office phone number of 941.743.1201.
- Search permit records.
- Search for Florida licensed contractors.
- Search zoning and site plan review records.
- Report code violations.
- Track code violation cases.
Inspections can also be scheduled by phone using the Automated Inspection Request System (AIRS) at 941.833.4086. Exception: permits that require the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, final inspections must be scheduled only by calling the main office phone number of 941.743.1201.