Citizen Access Portal
Welcome to the Citizen Access Portal, the county's online permits, licenses, plans review & code violations system. To use the portal, select the link below:
Citizen Access Portal: secureapps.charlottecountyfl.gov/CitizenAccess
- How to Register for a Citizen Access Portal Account (Contractors Only). Read the "How to Register" guide.
- How to Research Permit & Inspection Information Online. Registration is not required to only search the database or to report code violations.
Online Plans Review: Digital Plan Room
Note: The Citizen Access Portal currently supports only the following internet browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 17, Google Chrome 23, Safari 5 and Opera 12. If you experience issues, verify that you are using one of the supported browsers. If Internet Explorer is used, turn on Compatibiliby View.
If you experience difficulties with the portal, contact Community Development at 941.743.1277, 941.743.1201 or CCTechSupport@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
Available Online Services
Contractors (enrollment/registration required):
- Apply for permits.
- Pay fees with a Mastercard or VISA.
- Track permits through the plan review/permitting process.
- Schedule Inspections (except final inspections that require the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy).
- Conduct permit searches (including archived permits).
- Search for Licensed Contractors.
- Report and track code violation cases.
Inspections can also be scheduled by phone using the automated inspection request system (AIRS) at 941.833.4086. Note that structures requiring the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, final inspections cannot be scheduled online or with the AIRS system. They must be scheduled by calling 941.743.1201 to speak to a Customer Service Specialist
Permit Activity Reports:
- Customizable permit activity reports can be created using the Citizen Access Portal. Instructions are found at How to Print or Produce Permit Reports.