The Community Development Department offers a 24/7 Citizen Access Portal to interact with the county's permits, licenses & code violations database. The portal can be accessed at::
- Learn how to search the database How to Research Permit & Inspection Information Online Guide. Registration is not required to search the database or to report code violations.
- Some areas of the portal are for licensed contractors ONLY which requires registration for an account (i.e. applying for a permit, paying a fee or scheduling an inspection online). Learn more about account registration by viewing the guide How to Register for a Citizen's Access Account (Contractors Only).
- Learn more information about the online plans review process Digital Plan Room.
Our Citizen Access Portal currently supports only the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 & 9
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox 17
- Google Chrome 23
- Safari 5
- Opera 12
If you experience difficulties with the Citizen Access Portal, first check the following:
- Verify that you are using one of the supported web browsers listed above.
- If Internet Explorer is used, turn on Compatibility View.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please contact Community Development at 941.743.1277, 941.743.1201 or CCTechSupport@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
For Contractors (enrollment/registration required):
- Apply for permits.
- Pay fees with a Mastercard or VISA.
- Track permits through the plan review/permitting process.
- Schedule Inspections (except final inspections that require the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy).
- Conduct permit searches (including archived permits).
- Search for Licensed Contractors.
- Report code violations.
- Track code compliance cases.
Note: inspections can also be scheduled by phone using the automated inspection request system (AIRS) phone 941.833.4086. Final inspections requiring the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy cannot be scheduled online or through the automated system and must be scheduled by calling 941.743.1201 to speak to a Customer Service Specialist