On November 12, 2014 the Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners adopted a resolution creating the RESTORE Act Advisory Board to review projects for submittal for the award of RESTORE funds.
The United States Congress passed the “Resources and Ecosystems Sustainability, Tourist Opportunities, and Revived Economies of the Gulf Coast States Act of 2012,” known as the RESTORE Act, to establish a trust fund for deposits of 80% of administrative and civil penalties exacted from parties responsible for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill for distribution of the funds among the affected states. Charlotte County is identified as one of the 15 non-disproportionately impacted counties and will be the recipient of RESTORE Act funds, should they be distributed. The RESTORE Act, Section 1603(3) defines the use and eligible activities for which these funds may be used for ecological and economic restoration. The Charlotte County RESTORE Act Advisory Board must be prepared to receive, review and award projects in the best interest of the County, and account for the funds distributed to Charlotte County.
Archived minutes can be obtained by calling 941.743.1455.
Multiyear Implementation Plan (MYIP)
As a prerequisite under the RESTORE Act for requesting and receiving Direct Component funding for eligible activities, each county must submit a multiyear plan to cover a period of time during which projects could be undertaken with funds available from the RESTORE Act. Each MYIP must be published for public comment for 45 days.
- Harbor Walk - CRA Redevelopment Plan
- Restoring the Impaired Waters of Charlotte Harbor - Area 1 Preliminary Engineering Report, Water Quality Report, Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Conservation Plan
- Fisheries Monitoring - Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Conservation Plan
The U.S. Treasury Department approved the MYIP on March 8, 2016.
RESTORE Act Original Funding Submittals and Applications
- Dr. Lisa Beever - 941.575.3392 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Guptill - 813.334.4400 (email@example.com)
- Michael Haymans - 941.575.0007 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thomas Hecker - 941.575.5437 (email@example.com)
- Ed Hill - 941.474.5511 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Howard Kunik - 941.575.3301 (email@example.com)
- Julie Mathis - 941.639.2222 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Annette Nielsen - 941.979.9358 (email@example.com)
- Kevin Russell - 941.429.1871 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Elizabeth Staugler - 941.764.4346 (email@example.com)
- Caitlin Weber - 239.262.0304 x308 (firstname.lastname@example.org)