The Mission of the Fire Prevention Division is to provide a safe environment to the citizens of Charlotte County through education and enforcement of the Florida Fire Prevention Code.
Fire Prevention works with the County’s Building Department and area fire departments to ensure code compliance and provide technical support pertaining to the application, enforcement and interpretation of the Florida Fire Prevention Code/Standards, county ordinance and state laws.
The Fire Prevention Division is staffed by Fire Marshal Scott Morris and four fire inspectors. Their duties include:
- Review of building plans for new construction in the county excluding the City of Punta Gorda
- New construction inspection
- Plan reviews and inspections for special event, fireworks, tents, etc.
- Inspections for existing occupancies - Schools (Public/Private), hospitals, day cares, assisted living facilities, clinics, group homes assemblies, restaurants, etc.
- Fire drills
- Fire extinguisher classes
Popular Links and Forms
- Fire inspection Checklist
- Fire Watch
- Truss Signage
- Fire Hydrant and Device Clearance
- Fire Lane
- Crowd Management
- Commercial Knox Box
- Plans and Permit Process Brochure
Fire Prevention Staff Contact Information
Fire Marshal Scott Morris
Fire Inspector/Plan Reviewer Aida Moreno
Fire Inspector Kyle Brooks
Fire Prevention Division Office
26571 Airport Road
Punta Gorda, FL 33982